Welcome to Cargo Human Care e.V.
News: 11/01/2013 7:33 PM
Specific humanitarian and medical help on site
Cargo Human Care e.V. (CHC) is a humanitarian and medical aid project which was founded by employees of Lufthansa Cargo in cooperation with doctors from all over Germany.
The core commitment is to:
- provide vulnerable, sick and needy people with direct medical help
- give poor and neglected young orphans a home and a future
In cooperation with local medical institutions as well as regional charity sponsors, the Cargo Human Care Association brings concrete help directly to those who need it.
CHC is currently concentrating on the following projects in the rural area around Nairobi/Kenya as well as in Marsabit in the North of Kenya:
- the Mothers' Mercy Home in Kianjogu, a children's home for orphans
- the Cargo Human Care Medical Centre, attached to the Mothers' Mercy Home orphanage, looks after the orphans and underprivileged people in the surrounding area
- the SOS Medical Centre in Buru Buru cares for people from neighbouring slums, amongst them many HIV-infected families
- In The Nest project, a home for children whose mothers are in prison, CHC paediatricians provide medical care.
- Two villages comprising 224 families in the drought area around Marsabit are provided with foodstuffs by CHC since 2011. Sustainable infrastructure support e.g. by building a well, is planned.
The necessary coordination in Germany as well as the medical care locally is carried out by volunteers. Lufthansa Cargo supports CHC to a large extent financially and logistically.