Welcome to Cargo Human Care e.V.
News: 04/28/2013 9:50 AM
Specific humanitarian and medical help on site
Cargo Human Care e.V. (CHC) is a humanitarian and medical aid project which was founded by employees of Lufthansa Cargo in cooperation with doctors from all over Germany.
The core commitment is to:
- provide vulnerable, sick and needy people with direct medical help
- give poor and neglected young orphans a home and a future
In cooperation with local medical institutions as well as regional charity sponsors, the Cargo Human Care Association brings concrete help directly to those who need it.
- the Mothers' Mercy Home in Kianjogu, a children's home for orphans
- the Cargo Human Care Medical Centre, attached to the Mothers' Mercy Home orphanage, looks after the orphans and underprivileged people in the surrounding area
- the SOS Medical Centre in Buru Buru cares for people from neighbouring slums, amongst them many HIV-infected families
- In The Nest project, a home for children whose mothers are in prison, CHC paediatricians provide medical care.
- Two villages comprising 224 families in the drought area around Marsabit are provided with foodstuffs by CHC since 2011. Sustainable infrastructure support e.g. by building a well, is planned.
The necessary coordination in Germany as well as the medical care locally is carried out by volunteers. Lufthansa Cargo supports CHC to a large extent financially and logistically.